At Chisholm Valley, we pride ourselves on maintaining a healthy and safe environment for our residents. With this in mind, we've adopted the "GreenLiving" program to continually explore new ways to improve the property, while simultaneously striving to create a planet-friendly community and resource-efficient apartment homes.
- Save Money on Utilities - By using higher efficiency appliances, fixtures, lighting systems, windows, and thermostats, to reduce resident power and water bills by as much as 35%.
- Healthy and Safe Environments - By using non-toxic cleaning products and non-toxic lawn care supplies, our residents can feel confident that they are living in a clean and healthy community and that their family and pets are not exposed to harsh and harmful chemicals.
- Improved Air Quality - According to the EPA, the air inside most buildings is ten times more polluted than the air outside. We are making the switch to low odor, non-toxic paints for interior painting, which means your apartment won't smell like a chemical factory when you move in and we can all feel better knowing we aren't polluting the our planet with unnecessary toxins.
- Feel Good and Help the Planet - GreenLiving Properties make it easy for you to do your part in helping to support products and practices that conserve natural resources. By saving energy and water, wasting less, and reducing your impact on the environment you are making a difference for you and your family and helping to do your part for the planet.
What Is GreenLiving?
The GreenLiving is an ongoing effort to make "green" improvements in the following categories:
- Energy Efficiency - This includes the introduction of power saving technologies like high efficiency lighting, EnergyStar appliances, programmable thermostats, and motion sensors.
- Water Conservation - This includes comprehensive property water audits that find ways to reduce the amount of water used in units, in offices, and on the grounds.
- Waste Reduction - This includes the introduction of recycling wherever possible, for residents, offices, and any onsite renovations or construction materials.
- Sustainable Products - This includes the use of healthier and more environmentally sustainable products into renovations and maintenance work.
- Indoor Air Quality - This includes the use of low-odor, low toxicity paints and non-toxic cleaning supplies. We also certify higher standard air filters for heating and air conditioning units.
- Environmentally-Friendly Landscaping - This includes the use of healthier cleaning products and landscape chemicals, as well as incorporating water conservation strategies to make sure this precious resource isn't wasted.